Sunday 25 May 2014

Getting Her Cowgirl On...

We decided to head to the local Rodeo last weekend and what fun we had. Miss Liv got to dress up and  I can't believe that I had a cowgirl outfit still in it's packaging, see sweet boy (aka: my husband) - I was meant to shop online for this over 3 years ago, just in case we ever got the chance to go to a Rodeo .......
 As usual, we were nearly the first ones there, I always like to arrive on time. By the time the rodeo started the place was full and all of a sudden I felt like a city chick - where was my big white cowgirl hat - I did leave without one, not sure I would have the need for one in my future. Gee - the girls looked mighty fine, I can't believe how much sparkle can come from one cowgirl - The belt, the jean pockets, the trim of their hats, the silver spangled boots - for just one moment I wanted to be them, all kitted out in their getup... It all came crashing down when I realised I would have to mount a horse, I was out, besides, my nose was already running and I had an itchy throat, that's right, I'm not good around animal hair.
Singing our National Anthem - Liv took her hat off and held it to her chest, oh so cute.    
 Ladies I can't go without saying, there is something about Cowboys in jeans and chaps... I think I spent most of the night looking at the cowboys then the bulls and horses they were riding......
 So - back in the day, how much has a Rodeo changed since it started in Australia in the 1880's?? I'd say - not much, maybe head gear has been introduced but it's still a country tradition and the hats are just as big....
  
  Enjoy Life...

No comments:

Post a Comment